The wearing of the school uniform is to encourage a sense of pride and identity and to show that students are proud to be a member of the Ashgrove School community.
To improve the standards of uniform wear and to meet the requirements of the Ashgrove School Board of Trustees and Community students are required to:
- Take pride in wearing the school uniform correctly
- The school uniform should be clean
- Shoulder length or longer hair must be tied back (both boys and girls)
- A wrist watch and stud earrings only can be worn (no other jewellery)
- Make-up is not part of the dress code for students
- All items of clothing to be named clearly
It is the responsibility of all students at Ashgrove School to abide by the school Code of Dress. A signed note from a parent / caregiver is required if there is a temporary change from the wearing of the uniform.
A review of the uniform policy in 2017 introduced some changes to the previous uniform and we are no in a transition phase until the start of Term 1 in 2020 when the new uniform will become compulsory.
During this phase, plain royal blue polo tops, tartan items and old logo sweatshirts, vests and polar fleece's may still be worn.
Compulsory Uniform Items
Available from The Warehouse Rangiora.
- Navy Polar fleece jacket (full zip) or Navy Polar fleece 1/4 zip top with new logo
- Polo top - new style navy, royal blue with yellow piping polo top with new school logo
Remainder of the Uniform
- Navy culottes (on or above the knee)
- Navy shorts (on or above the knee, no branding)
- Navy track pants (no branding, no cargo pants)
- Navy or black long sleeve thermals for wearing under the polo (winter)
- Navy or black socks
- Navy or black tights
- Navy brimmed sunhat (compulsory Terms 1 & 4)
- Navy beanie or scarf (winter)
- Coloured House T-shirts - available only from the PTA
- Footwear - Shoes / sandals / sports shoes - suitable footwear firmly fastened for the purpose of physical activity to be worn with socks (except sandals), no skate shoes.
Ashgrove School compulsory items will be available for purchase at The Warehouse, Rangiora. Navy items are also available to be purchased at The Warehouse or similar at the retailer of your choice but must meet policy specifications.
Secondhand uniform can be purchased through the PTA, contact Ren Wildman 027 567 5222. Stock varies as it becomes available but is reasonably priced.
Dress children in singlets or black or navy long sleeve thermals under their polo tops to keep them warm in winter; sew on name tags so lost clothing can be returned.